RTI, ACT 2005
RTI Act, 2005 UNDER SECTION 4(B) OF THE RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT, 2005
- Northern Coalfields Limited, Singrauli, (M.P.) India, 486889, Telephone : 07805-266670, Fax : 07805-266640
- Chairman-cum-Managing Director: Sh. Prabhat Kumar Sinha
- Memorandum and Article of Association of NCL.
- Vison, Mission and Objectives
- Organization Chart
- Memorandum and Article of Association of NCL.
- Production of Coal: Production of coal is the main function and the Company is producing coal through open cast coal mines.
- Production of washed coal: In NCL, there is one Deshaling Plant established at Bina Project for supplying washed coal to power plants.
- Meeting requirement of coal to power plants & other Industries: More than 88% of Coal production is dispatched to Power Sectors and the balance quantity of coal is despatched to consumers like Cement Industries, Aluminum Industries etc.
- Environmental Management services: NCL has well defined & documented Manual, policy, procedures and guidelines for sustainable development under its integrated Management system (IMS) complying with international standards of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001:2007. NCL obtains forest clearances to the Projects from the Govt. of India and State Governments. NCL undertakes compensatory afforestation in lieu of the diverted forest land for mining and biological reclamation is being carried out through plantations. The Company takes necessary steps for air, water and noise pollution control measures.
- System services: CoalNet (an ERP) consisting of Seven (07) Modules viz. PIS (Personnel Information System), FIS (Finance Information System), Payroll, Sales, Production, Materials Management System and Equipment Maintenance System are operational in entire NCL. GPS based OITDS is operative in 5 projects of NCL. The e-office, developed by NIC and tested for security and AADHAR Enabled Biometric Attendance System is implemented in all Projects & Units of NCL. Online file tracking is already in operation.
- Human Resource development: NCL followed the concept of workers participation in management and maintains cordial industrial relations and also pays due attention on employees welfare and social amenities. NCL has a Central Excavation Training Institute (CETI) at Singrauli and nine Vocational Training Centers (VTCs) in different projects. Need based training is provided to Workmen, Operators, Supervisors and front line Managers. Employees of the Company are also sponsored for training to reputed professional Institutes in India and Abroad.
- Land acquisition and R&R: The company develops rehabilitation sites for development for resettlement of Project Affected Persons (PAPs) with necessary civic amenities linked with Projects. During the year, compensation of 152.88 Ha.of tenancy land and house is paid. The total compensation of Rs. 169.91 Crores has been disbursed during the year.
- Delegation of Power of Chairman-Cum-Managing Director of NCL.
- Delegation of Power of Director (Personnel), (Technical) & (Finance) of NCL.
- Delegation of Power of Chief Vigilance Officer of NCL.
- Delegation of Power of General Manager (Projects) of NCL.
- Delegation of Power of General Manager (CWS) of NCL.
- Delegation of Power of CMS (NSC) of NCL.
- Delegation of Power of Head of Department of NCL.
- Delegation of Power of Head of Department of CETI, NCL.
- Delegation of Power of Chief General Manager, Sub Area Manager and Colliery Manager of NCL.
- Revised Delegation of Power of Executives.
Powers and duties of its Officers and Employees: For smooth discharge of their functions the Directors, Heads of Departments and Head of wings derive power from the Delegation of Power assigned to them by the Management. for which office orders are issued from time to time. The duties of the officers and employees of Coal India Limited have been spelt out in different documents viz -Terms of Appointment of Directors, Common coal cadre, Job Nomenclature, Delegation of Powers, various statutes etc. In addition, the officers and employees of the Company are also assigned duties by the Management for which administrative orders are issued from time to time.
- The procedures followed in the decision making process, including channels of supervision and accountability The various proposals are mooted by the different Heads of Departments in their respective fields to the concerned Functional Directors. The Functional Directors takes decisions on those proposals, which are within their delegation of powers. The matter, which require the approval/vetting by the Board of Directors, are placed before the Board for approval vis a vis decisions. Certain matters which require approval of the shareholders of the Company are taken up in the General Meeting or the Shareholders as per provisions of the Company’s Act 1956. Similarly, some matters ,which require the decision of the Government in terms of various directives issued by the Government from time to time are sent to Ministry of Coal. Still, some matters require the decision of different Functional Directors. In that event, decisions on such matters are taken by the Functional Directors together. Then, Some matters are also to be decided by the CMDs of all subsidiaries and Functional Directors of CIL together in CMDs meet.
Delegation of powers - The executives of the Company discharge their functions and responsibilities within the framework of powers delegated to them by the Board of Directors/concerned Directors.
Laid down policies and guidelines - CIL’s policies and guidelines govern the functions of the Company. The officers follow these guidelines while discharging their function.
Manuals - CIL has procedural manuals covering all important activities like manuals on Account, marketing, personnel, purchase manual etc. The executives while discharging their duties follow the provisions of these manuals and thereby maintain uniformity. These manuals make sure that activities are carried out in a systematic and organised manner.
Guidelines of the Chief Vigilance Commission - CIL being a PSU follow the guidelines of Chief Vigilance Commission (CVC) issued from time to time.
Guidelines of the Department of Public Enterprises - CIL being a PSU follows the guidelines of Department of Public Enterprises and directions of Government of India issued from time to time.
Compliance of provisions of Statutes, etc.- While discharging the respective functions, executives are required to comply with the applicable provisions of Indian constitution, statues and rules & regulations applicable to the Company.
The Norms set by CIL for the discharge of function by the various departments
Well defined procedure and guidelines for discharge of various functions are available which are as under-
- Documents pertaining to incorporation:
- Documents pertaining to Accounts:
- Documents pertaining to Company Affairs:
- Documents pertaining to Board Meeting & General meeting
- Documents pertaining to Establishment matters:
A statement of the categories of documents that are held by CIL or under its control Some of the documents held by the Company under its control are listed below -
Memorandum & Article of Association
Books of Accounts
Annual Reports & Accounts
Statement of Quarterly Financial Results
Documents pertaining to deduction of Income Tax, Tax deducted at source Vouchers etc.
Statutory Registers under the Companies Act, 1956
Annual Returns under the Companies Act,1956
Returns & Forms under the companies Act filed with the Registrar of Companies etc.
Agenda Papers of Board Meetings
Minutes Book of meetings of the Board of Directors
Minutes Book of General meetings of the shareholders etc.
Documents containing the details of Employees
Executive Evaluation Reports
Delegation of Powers
Employees Personal file.
- Section 4(1)(b)-(vii) : The particulars of arrangement that exists for consultation with or ,representation by ,the members of public in relation to the formulation or its policy thereof
Section 4(1)(b)-(viii) :A statement of the Board ,Councils, Committees and other bodies consisting of 2 or more persons constituted as its part or for the purpose of its advice and as to whether meetings of these boards ,Councils, Committees and other bodies are open to public, or the minutes of such meetings are accessible for Public Click Here
- Section 4(1)(b)-(ix) : Directory of its Officers and employees.
- Section 4(1)(b)-(x) : The monthly remunerations received by each of its officers and employees including the system of regulation as provided in its Regulations
- Section 4(1)(b)-(xi) : The budget allocated to each of its agency indicating the particulars of all plans proposed expenditures and reports on disbursements made
- Section 4(1)(b)-(xii) : The manner of execution of subsidy programs , including the amounts allocated and details of beneficiaries of such programs
- Section 4(1)(b)-(xiii) : Particulars of recipients of concessions ,permits or authorization granted by it
- Section 4(1)(b)-(xiv) : Details in respect of information, available to or held by it reduced in an electronic form.
- Section 4(1)(b)-(xv) : Particulars of facilities available to citizens for obtaining information ,including the working hours of a Library
- Section 4(1)(b)-(xvi) : Names, designation and other particulars of the Information officers
- You can file the RTI application online through the following link : rtionline.gov.in
- Such other information as may be prescribed(2nd Quarter 2020-21)(Quarterly Return -01.07.2020 to 30.09.2020)|
- Such other information as may be prescribed(1st Quarter 2020-21)(Quarterly Return -01.04.2020 to 30.06.2020)|
- Such other information as may be prescribed(4th Quarter 2019-20)(Quarterly Return -01.01.2020 to 31.03.2020)|
- Such other information as may be prescribed(3rd Quarter 2019-20)(Quarterly Return -01.10.2019 to 31.12.2019)|
- Such other information as may be prescribed(2nd Quarter 2019-20)(Quarterly Return -01.07.2019 to 30.09.2019)|
- Such other information as may be prescribed(1st Quarter 2019-20)(Quarterly Return -01.04.2019 to 30.06.2019)|
- Such other information as may be prescribed(4th Quarter 2018-19)(Quarterly Return -01.01.2019 to 31.03.2019)|
- Such other information as may be prescribed(3rd Quarter 2018-19)(Quarterly Return - 01.10.2018 से 31.12.2018)|
- Such other information as may be prescribed(2nd Quarter 2018-19)(Quarterly Return -01.07.2018 to 30.09.2018)|
- Such other information as may be prescribed(1st Quarter 2018-19)(Quarterly Return -01.04.2018 to 30.06.2018)|
- Such other information as may be prescribed(4th Quarter 2017-18)(Quarterly Return -01.01.2018 to 31.03.2018)|
- Such other information as may be prescribed(3rd Quarter 2017-18)(Quarterly Return -01.10.2017 to 31.12.2017)|
- Section 26:Appropriate Government to prepare programmes
- Section 6 : Notification about provision of Section 6(1)
- Section 4(1)(b) : RTI Third Party Audit Report as per DOPT vide OM No. 1/6/2011-IR