Mines Safety & Rescue Department
Implementation and close monitoring at various levels of Safety Policy of Coal India Limited, for ensuring safety in mines.
- Operations and systems will be planned and designed to eliminate or materially reduce mining hazards.
- Implement Statutory Rules and Regulations and strenuous efforts made for achieving superior standards of safety.
- To bring about improvement in working conditions by suitable changes in technology.
- Provide material and monetary resources needed for the smooth and efficient execution of Safety Plans.
- Deploy safety personnel wholly for accidents for accident prevention work.
- Organize appropriate forums with employees’ representatives for Joint consultations on safety matters and secure their motivation and commitment in Safety Management.
- Prepare annual Safety Plan and long term Safety Plan at beginning of every calendar year, unit-wise and for the company, to effect improved safety in operations as per respective geo-mining needs to prepare the Units for onset of monsoon, to fulfil implementation of decisions by Committee on Safety in Mines and Safety Conferences and to take measures for overcoming accident proneness as may be reflected through study of accident analysis, keeping priority in sensitive areas of roof-falls, haulage, explosives, machinery etc.
- Set up a frame work for execution of the Safety Policy and Plans through the General Managers of Areas, Agents, Managers and other safety personnel of the units.
- Multi-level monitoring of the implementation of the Safety Plans through Internal Safety Organization at the company headquarters and Area Safety Officers at area level.
- All senior executives at all levels of management, will continue to inculcate a safety consciousness and develop involvement in practicing safety towards accident prevention in their functioning.
- Institute continuous education, training and retraining all employees with the accent placed on development of safety oriented skills.
- Continue efforts to better the living conditions and help of all the employees both in and outside the mines.
Organisation Structure for Safety at NCL
1. Occurrence of fatal accidents in the last Five years
2. Cause wise Analysis of Fatal Accidents of Last Five Years
3. Occurrence of Serious Accidents in Last Five Years
4. Cause wise serious Accidents of Last Five Years
Remedial measures Taken up to Strengthen Safety Standards in Mines of NCL
|S.No.||Remedial measures taken up|
|1.||Holding Pit Safety Talks|
|2.||Providing Simulator training to the dumper operators|
|3.||Provision of One way Traffic on all the major Hual Roads|
|4.||Provision of Separate Light vehicle Road|
|5.||Providing Road delineators|
|6.||Improving illumination Haul Roads by LED fixtures|
|7.||Use of 28Kl and 70Kl water tankers for dust suppression on Haul Roads. 8 nos. of 70Kl water sprinklers have been procured 1no. each for Amlohri and Dudhichua Project and two nos. each for Bina, Khadia and Nigahi projects|
|8.||Dust Suppression at the Receiving pit of CHP|
|9.||Use of Retro reflective Tapes|
|10.||Strengthening frontline supervisor team by direct recruitment of 202 overman and mining sirdar|
|11.||Providing safe rest shelters for Supervisors and workmen at the faces|
|12.||Framing and implementation of Traffic rules|
|13.||Formulation of Risk Management based SOP|
|14.||Procurement and fixation of Proximity warning devices in Dumpers|
|15.||Procurement and installation of Rear view Camera in Dumpers|
|16.||Implementation of GPS based vehicle tracking System|
|17.||Provision of two nos. of Central fire station to cater any emergency in the projects. One central fire station is located at Bina and the other at Jayant|
|18.||Adhering to the conditions of DGMS permission letter|
|19.||Benching of Dumps|
|20.||Plantation on Dumps in required sequence|
|21.||Procurement of SSR for continuous dump monitoring is in process|
|22.||Reducing the bench height/sitting level of dragline bench to 27-30m|
|23.||Formation of Dump monitoring cell in each project/area for regular inspection and monitoring of Dump|
|24.||Designing the mine Sump capacity as per the new guidelines of CMPDIL calculation|