As part of its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) efforts, Coal India Limited and its subsidiar companies regularly undertake various community development activities in and around the coalfield areas for the benefit of the local people.
Works done under Community Development Programme are as under:-
- Installation/Repairing of Hand Pumps.
- Digging/renovation of Wells/Ponds/Dam etc.
- Water Supply through pipelines.
- Construction/Renovation and repair of Community Centre/building.
- Construction/repair of Roads/Culverts.
- Construction/repair of school building.
- Organising Medical Camps.
- Organising Sports and cultural activities.
- Misc works.