To enable our people to be a family of committed world class professionals, making NCL a learning organisation.
At NCL, it begins and ends with people. The company is deeply passionate about ensuring the holistic development of all its employees as distinct individuals and good citizens. We currently employ approximately 24,546 Employees at NTPC. Competence building, Commitment building, Culture building and Systems building are the four pillars on which our HR systems are based.
- To provide every employee an opportunity learn to wipe out performance gaps.
- To organize need based Management Development Programmes for Executives and Supervisor.
- To develop training/reference materials and to organize special programmeson new equipment for all levels of personnel.
The massive intake of highly sophisticated equipment necessitated manifold training and developmental activities for the transfer of technology. The strategy adopted by the company is as under:
- Human Resources are utilized to the optimum level.
- Identification of the areas of economic activities that are seriously handicapped due to shortage of Technical, Professional and Skilled Manpower.
- Training and continuing education of Critical Manpower.
- Computerization at Corporate and Mine level for all operations.
The industrial relations at NCL have been very congenial throughout the past successive years. Employees' representatives take active participation in operational matters, health & hygiene, welfare matters etc. through forums such as joint consultative committee, safety committee, welfare board, community development committee, sports control board, employee benevolent fund committee and core group. The participative style of management facilitates amicable settlement of disputes & grievances.Manpower
NCL has recognized the human resource development as a key function and has adopted corporate policy towards its development. With the introduction of highly sophisticated earth moving machines, the operators' maintenance crew and front line managers have become the most critical human capital for achieving the corporate goals.
|As On Date||Executive||Supervisor||High Skilled||Skilled||Semi Skilled||Unskilled||Ministerial||TOTAL|
Its central institute, known as Central Excavation Training Institute (CETI) at Singrauli, provides major training interventions at NCL. It caters to the training/skill up gradation needs of operators, supervisors and front line managers. The major activities of CETI is as under
- Dumper Operation (85T/100T) Simulator training.
- Shovel Operation.
- Dozer Operation
- Drill Operation
- Dumper operation on simulator.
- Shovel Operation.
- Dozer Operation.
- Drill Operation.
- HEMM Electrician.
- Maintenance of BH-100T Dumper by L&T
- Maintenance of BH-100T Dumper by BEML.
- Maintenance of BH-85T Dumper by BEML.
- Maintenance of CAT777 Dumper by GMMCO.
- Maintenance of D-355A Dozer by BEML.
- Maintenance of D-475A Dozer by L&T.
- Maintenance of ReCp 650/750 Drill by REL.
- Maintenance of IDM70/DMH-311 Drill Atlas Copco.
- Maintenance of P&H Shovel by Joy Global.
- Technical development programme for Excavation.
- Technical development programme for E&M.
- Safety management for Supervisior.
- Supervisory development programme for all discipline.
- Structural training for Front line sup. programme.
- Workman's inspector orientation programme.
- Computer Awareness Programme for Executives and Non-Executives.
- Vigilance Awareness.
- Professional Dev.Prg.MT (Exv).
- Executive Dev. Prg. (Management).
- Finance for non Finance.
- Programmer for Domestic Enquiry/RTI Act.
- Creativity Problem Solving/Emotional Intelligence Leadership development.
- Awareness of IMS & SA 800.
- Rajbhasha Karyashala.
- Literacy drive for workers.
- Progammer for retiring executives.
- Programmer for retiring Supervisors/Worker.
- Coaching class for IInd class mine Manager.
- Practical Orientation Pro. For MT(X).
- Training for ITI newly joined trainees.
|Category Of Training||Target Vs. Achievement||No. Of Participants|
As On Sept'14